Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Run, Bake, Repeat


Greetings!

My longest runs have passed, and I've used the extra time I have- which still isn't much- to step up my fundraising efforts. I'm still about a thousand dollars from my $2,500 goal, so I've taken to Facebook, email, and baking to work toward my goal. If you're scratching your head at that last part, it's not a typo...Yes, I've been baking to raise money! Without having a bake sale of any type, I've raised over a hundred dollars for my cause.

Thanks to a fabulous idea that I learned about from a friend, I've become skilled at making a delicious little treat called a cake pop. While they're a lot more work than a standard cookie or cupcake, they're a fundraising gold mine because they're as irresistibly cute as they are tasty.

By creatively displaying (and strategically placing) these treats in high traffic areas, like the main office at work, I've successfully informed a slew of people about First Descents, my charity of choice, and perhaps made their day a little sweeter in exchange for a few dollars.

Overall I consider the whole operation a great success. With any luck, I'll reach my fundraising goal soon! I know I have a ways to go, but I have high hopes! Thanks to all those who have contributed already- friends, family, FD supporters, and even a few people I've never even met. Your generosity inspires me. I'll be thinking of all of you in Boston...in just ten days! If you've got a few bucks to spare, head on over to my FirstGiving page and check it out!

Hope, Love, Run,
Marathon Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment