Monday, July 4, 2011

Show Time!


Happy Fourth of July! In addition to being the day commemorating America's independence, tonight is also my radio debut! I'll be in the Survivor Spotlight on The Stupid Cancer Show. Haven't heard of it before? The SCS is an Internet based radio show presented weekly by I'm Too Young for This! Foundation creator Matthew Zachary.

I was lucky enough to meet Matt a few years back at the LIVESTRONG Summit in Columbus, Ohio. I can't fail to mention Jack Bouffard (Matt's right hand man) who I also met the same weekend. In thinking back, it was quite the weekend. Jack drove me a significant distance so I could get home from the summit via Cincinnati Airport after Delta canceled all the flights out of Columbus. It was my first experience with I2Y, and the the overall feeling I walked away with was that survivors stick together!

Not surprisingly I've continued to cross paths with both Matt and Jack, as well as other I2Yers in the years since we've met. The YA (young adult) cancer population is a close knit bunch, and many of us have participated in the same camps, retreats, and of course the I2Y OMG summit, a huge annual event for YA survivors. In a sense, we all know each other.

I'm looking forward to the opportunity to be on the show tonight and hanging out with these two awesome guys ( sadly I'll be hanging out via phone, since I couldn't get back to the tri-state area tonight. Also, If you read this after the fact, no worries. The show is available after the live broadcast via podcast!

I hope you'll tune in by visiting here.

Hope, Love, Run,
Marathon Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment